Man. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I apologize for my inconsistencies with updates, but between moving, setting up internet in a new apartment, problems with said internet set up, and starting classes (and the work that goes into them) I haven’t had a whole lot of time to update the site.
Anyways, as many of you probably already know, much has happened in the world of Wilco lately.
- Last Saturday, September 3rd, Tweedy and the boys were cool enough to let all of us stream The Whole Love in its entirety on the WilcoWorld site. General consensus, at least from The Twitter (that’s what the kids are calling it now), is that it’s everything we could have hoped it would be and more. Don’t believe me? Check out these handy Twee-views (whether I made that word up or not, let’s please never use it again.):
I think it’s their White Album. Weird and pop in the best ways. Jeff’s best singing since Ghost. – @MHarrell
What we’ve all been waiting for. Awesome! - @tclarke34
One Sunday Morning (for Jane Smiley’s Boyfriend) might be the best song Tweedy has ever written. And by might be I mean is. – @AlexMcCourt19
Listening to new Wilco. It’s nice. Some of it has sort of an OK Computer meets ELO vibe. @CYMBLS_EAT_GTRS (From Cymbals Eat Guitars – an outstanding new band.)
I’ve listened three times now. No holes in this album. Tweedy & Co. are the non-sports equivalent of Mariano Rivera. – @JoeCheckler
Amazing!! Very solid. I felt like there was a little bit of Jay reincarnated. Can’t wait to hear it live in less than 2 weeks! – @sayumsme
- Also, not surprisingly, Wilco has announced an extension on their North American tour! After traveling overseas, the boys will be back in the States playing 9 more dates in cities from Dallas to…wait for it…Chicago! It’s a good thing, too; now those of us from Chi-town have time to let our forehead bruises heal from constantly bashing our heads against the wall, cursing our Moms for not letting us hitchhike to St. Louis to see the show at The Pageant. What? Don’t give me that look. Like I’m the weirdo. Anyway, here’s what the late fall is going to look like for Wilco (the band):
- Need to brush up on your Wilco history before the release of The Whole Love? Amazon’s got deals on the the entire Wilco catalog, throughout the entire month of September, with some MP3 albums starting at $5. Check it out here.
- Wilco has joined with Farmer Foodshare, Triangle Local Businesses and Ten Farmers Markets in the “Farmer Foodshare Challenge.” Read about it here.
- Some awesome videos for new tunes have surfaced
Wilco - I Love my Label (Live in Studio)
- Also, there’s this. If this video signifies the end of the world, I think I can die happy. Don’t ask, just watch.
- For those of you who missed the stream on Saturday (what were you busy doing, working?), the songs from The Whole Love have been uploaded to YouTube. Check ‘em all out here while you can, before Jeff Tweedy comes to your house and kicks you in the head.